As a guest to the Athenaeum, you are expected to:
- Obey all local laws and posted rules and regulations.
- Treat EVERYONE with respect and courtesy.
- Conduct yourself in a manner that is befitting a positive member of the community.
While adhering to our code of conduct, we believe strongly you will get much out of your experience at the Athenaeum, including:
- You will be treated as an equal.
- You will be provided with a safe atmosphere to work and play.
- You will be appreciated for your contributions to all of the organizations that call the Athenaeum home.
- You will have a rewarding experience while being treated with courtesy and respect.
- You will get an in-depth look at how a historical and cultural attraction is run and thrives.
- You will learn more about the arts and cultures in our community.
- You will make new friends and connections that will benefit you for the rest of your life.
- You will enjoy yourself.
This Code of Conduct (Code) reflects the Athenaeum’s policy on the fundamental standards to be followed by all employees, tenants and building guests. This Code is based on established law, our mission statement and our values as an organization. The Athenaeum respects the established law and demands the same of all visitors to our building.
As a guest to our building, you are subject to the Code, as are all people involved with the Athenaeum. We depend on you to honor this commitment as we seek to be respectful of everyone and treat one another in a meaningful way. While we appreciate the time you graciously spend at the Athenaeum, reported negative behaviors will be investigated thoroughly and, depending on frequency and severity, could result in expulsion from the building.
401 EAST MICHIGAN STREET
INDIANAPOLIS, IN 46204
The Athenaeum Foundation preserves a treasured historic landmark that welcomes all to nurture a sound mind and a sound body through arts & culture, wellness and community.
The Athenaeum Foundation is a 501(c)3 organization.